Friday, March 2, 2012

De Ja Vu - MORE tornadoes??

 Another round of wild and crazy storms is passing through - lightning flashing everywhere....so far we've missed any damage....but not so Ooltewah, Cleveland (again) and other local places - I think 4 confirmed touch-downs (later: I think final count is 6) with lots of damage and more than a dozen people taken to area hospitals.  Brother G and wife are traveling down from Indiana today....or are they?  I can't imagine them traveling along with the storms, and I-24 East and West blocked and backed up due to huge powerlines across the road....We shall see. (later:  yes, they were west of the storms and saw lots of damage, especially in Indiana, got stuck on the freeway for an hour or so, etc...)

I thank God for sparing me today too - was driving home on I-75 from downtown (Eastgate) with the storm pretty much chasing me all the way home.  Don't tell anyone, but I was seriously breaking all speed records! (I'll let you know WHY I was at Eastgate in a future post).  I had to do a lot of Scripture quoting to calm down - but it worked - trust in the Lord!

Here are some photos of today's damage taken by various people - they're not mine at all:

Uh-oh, I think we'd better turn around! (Notice how the cloud looks green)

I presume these lines are "dead"! 

Is this the truck I passed just a few minutes before?  Guess not.

Several houses were moved off their foundations.

The boat marina suffered heavy damage.

Hold it RIGHT there, buster!

Definitely de ja vu   -   sigh.....a lot of clean-up in our collective future.

hmmm, a neat little problem to solve....

This looks like April 27!

And this too.  This is over by Harrison Bay/Tucker Rd.
Here's more in a link to nooga.com:

Better Tornado photos

An entry in Facebook by the Open House Volunteers.  It seems like more houses were destroyed than I thought!
At least 30 homes destroyed in Hamilton County. Volunteers organizing chain saw gangs and aid distribution. Watch site for opportunities. Lowes sending supplies overnight. Doug Walter
Later from the Chattanoogan.com: 
This too shall pass!  So it's 3 for 3 now (an inside joke....)!!

We saw and heard that Calhoun,TN was getting hammered and clobbered by this storm and downtown CHA was getting golf-ball sized hail.  Ouch! The hail below was in Ooltewah.

Ooltewah Walmart parking lot (taken by a friend)
This is funny-looking snow....oh, wait......

If you want to see how Apison is getting all rebuilt from LAST year, check out this video:

Update video on tornado repairs...

Praying for safety...for us and all others who have to face the brunt of this line of storms unprotected!

On a different note yet, we celebrated an 11 year milestone today!  Made those cupcakes in icecream cones!  The kids enjoyed them at school - but then they were let out early due to the storms....oh well!

A memorable day, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment