Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year?

"Peace" from one of my New Zealand cousins: (like the wig, by the way!)



Someone pointed out that our new year (Jan 1) is pagan and I have to agree. The religious calendar started in March/April, depending on the moon cycles. Nevertheless, I do wish for you all another blessed new year starting today - for each day is the start of the rest of our lives, including a year (if we are so blessed as to live out the year!). So, since this is a recognized "milestone" I do hope 2009 brings you peace, joy and love in abundance.

Finally we have weather that fits the season again after a rather warm and wet week. Somehow we always have a week or two of "unseasonably" warm weather around this exact time every year. Therefore, my theory is that it is not UNseasonable - because it's very reliable and thus we have a little 'season' of warmth every late December. We'll just have to find a name for that other than "winter".

Anyhoo, I don't have much to write about here (tho am having stimulating discussions elsewhere!). Don't get me wrong...there's just not much 'general' news and on lazy days like this I don't get much accomplished which rather spoils the day for me since I'm used to working 24/7 it seems like, and don't enjoy doing nothing!

Here's a picture of another cousin:


Come on you other guys, get with YOUR blogs.....so I can at least have something exciting to read!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment